iText Translation Agency is a well-known translation agency in Kazakhstan specializing in online translation services, but its website design looks outdated compared to its competitors, and parts of its user experience are unpolished. An overhaul is overdue and will ensure iText remains competitive in the long run.
I set out to create a brand-new design system to ensure iText encompasses best-in-class usability and aesthetics across all corners of the website.
I led the project and worked on all aspects of the new design system, including its visual, UX, and interaction design. I also revamped the UX of keypages and then implemented my designs.
First, I conducted a competitive audit to outline the company's opportunities to make its website more user-friendly.
These opportunities included:
Then I performed usability testing to check if the website was easy to use.
There were some issues with:
I conducted a user survey of 350 customers and user interviews with 5 customers to develop a rich understanding of their needs and problems related to the translation services.
The user research helped define the user pain points, which were as follows:
Based on this, I developed two personas that fully represent the typical clients of the iText Translation Agency to keep the design process in strict compliance with the users' needs.
These personas helped me develop the user stories which describe their needs and goals.
This made a significant contribution to compiling the right problem and goal statements:
With a solid understanding of what I should do, I started prototyping the website with Figma to test my design with the users. This was challenging as I had to master this tool to provide meaningful deliverables for the users and stakeholders.
After finishing the prototype, I shared it with the translation agency's clients I interviewed to understand that my design was in line with their needs.
The clients and the stakeholders checked my work. They expressed their opinions which I used to polish how the users interact with the website.
At this stage, the stakeholders wanted to make the prototype alive, but the budget was limited. After some market research, I proposed to use Webflow. After the approval, I spent a couple of days transferring my prototype from Figma to Webflow and got a fully responsive website.
As I had a basic understanding of how HTML and CSS work, I needed only to figure out how Webflow works.
As a result, the iText Translation Agency got a fully responsive website, which is fully accessible, meets the demands of the target users, and makes placing the orders using mobile devices easy, straightforward, and understandable.After a month of observations, the website showed an increase in conversion rate by 19% and a decrease in bounce rate by 48%.
This was the first time I led a project. While I was nervous initially, I learned to conduct the work strictly with the users' needs. I also learned that active communication and short daily stand-up meetings were crucial for ensuring the project's success.
This website redesign validated the hypothesis that the most effective value proposition is one that is centered around a person's core motivation. I look forward to applying the same approach to the next stage of the iText website redesign, which will address the following issue: